Ideal for beginners. During this six week course you will learn:
- about the papers, paints and brushes we use for water colours,
- how to stretch paper on a board,
- how to lay down basic washes, colour theory, painting neutrals, tonal painting ( one colour),
- about creating simple landscape and flower pictures,
- how to make basic bush marks, getting to grips with wet in wet technique, dealing with mistakes and using masking fluid.
- We will look at a achieving a simple still life, painting with washes and introduce some creative techniques eg use of wax and salt.
NB you will be supplied with a list of materials to bring with you including brushes, paper, paint etc. It is very important to buy the correct paper to achieve good results. Materials can be bought from W H Smiths, HobbyCraft, Rymans or a local art shop. Tiger in St Albans has some materials, as does ArtScape in Harpenden or you can buy on Amazon.
AnnMarie is a local artist who has years of experience in teaching as well as selling her own work and responding to commissions.
|Watercolour, Seascape and Landscape Artist Ann Marie Whitton
Ann Marie Whitton Watercolour Artist and Tutor Paintings and drawings, vivid colour, bold shapes, atmospheric details,explores perspective in a spontaneous way.Commissions.Paint your property or holiday views.
|Cost||£84 for six sessions,|
|Date||Tuesdays 26 Feb to 2 April 2019|
|Time||7 - 9pm|
NB Classes will not run if too few people enrol. Fees are not refundable for people dropping out of a course or missing classes. Fees will be refunded only if a course does not run.