This course is ideal for those interested in trying oil painting for the first time or if you wish to loosen up your oil painting skills. Over the course you’ll have lots of one to one tuition and guidance. Your tutor will let you develop your own style whether it be contemporary or traditional.
You will learn how to accurately draw a portrait onto canvas using the grid method, learning how to see colour, shape and tone. Your tutor will show you different methods of applying paint and teach you how to mix colours using colour theory. You will then learn how to add the finishing touches including details, highlights and shadows.
You will produce your very own portrait painting on canvas from a photograph. You will need to bring:
- A good quality photograph of a person that has a lot of tone. Print this A4 size.
- A Canvas or Canvas Board A3 size 29cm x 42cm (or as close to this as you can.)
- A starter oil painting set with brushes.
- Rags e.g an old cotton t-shirt
- A pencil and rubber.
- Please wear an old top as oil paint can stain.
- Optional – a paint palette with disposable sheets.
|Cost||£80 for eight classes|
|Date||Tuesday 2nd October – 27 Nov 2018|
|Time||Tuesday Evenings 7.30-9PM|
NB Classes will not run if too few people enrol. Fees are not refundable for people dropping out of a course or missing classes. Fees will be refunded only if a course does not run.