This course is ideal for those interested in trying oil painting for the first time. Over the course you’ll have lots of one to one tuition and guidance. You will be encouraged to develop your own style whether it be contemporary or traditional.
After sketching your portrait loosely, you will create a monochrome image using black, white and grey or you may prefer to use a range of tones in one colour. This will be a preparatory study before you attempt the same portrait in colour.
You will learn different methods of applying paint and how to mix colours using colour theory before the finishing touches including details, highlights and shadows.
For those who have done the beginners course and would like to keep developing their portrait painting skills.
The list of items you need to bring is below – (several items are easily found at home.) Please bring:
- A good quality A4 photograph of a person that has a lot of tone, plus a black and white copy.
- A Canvas or Canvas Board A3 size 29cm x 42cm (or as close to this as you can.)
- A starter oil painting set with brushes.
- Linseed oil.
- White spirit or turps and a g lass jar with a lid.
- Rags e.g an old cotton t-shirt
- A pencil and rubber.
- Please wear an old top as oil paint can stain – disposable gloves are also very useful.
- A paint palette – an old plate can be used.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed the class, Sarah is an excellent tutor and I found her style of teaching was just right for me.”
|Cost||Beginners £60 for six classes Intermediate £60 for six classes|
|Date||Begs Monday 16 Sept to 21 Oct 2019: Inter Mon 4 Nov to 16 Dec 2019- no class 11 Nov|
|Time||Monday Evenings 7.30-9Ppm|
NB Classes will not run if too few people enrol. Fees are not refundable for people dropping out of a course or missing classes. Fees will be refunded only if a course does not run.